Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Close Call

As I type the words of this post I continue to wipe the sweat from my brow. I had a real close call today. I came home for lunch which I have not done for months. That really makes no sense seeing how I live only 3 minutes from my office. Anyway, I was in the mood for a peanut butter/mayonnaise/banana sandwich and was going to watch some performances from American Idol again since Tuesday night was the best night of singing so far (Jordin and Blake rule!!). I put the mayonnaise on my bread, cut up the banana and situate the pieces just right, and then I got a big blob of peanut butter on my knife. Right before I spread it on my bread I am somehow reminded of the peanut butter recall. I'm sure it was an angel sent from God to trigger my memory. I look at the jar and see that it's Peter Pan. "Is that the one that was recalled?", I ask myself. I run to the computer and google Peter Pan to find the recall notices and get the number to check on the jar lid. BINGO! The number matches. I run back into the kitchen and quickly wipe the knife clean and throw the jar away.

I admit I have no memory at all. Isn't it neat that something just didn't seem right as I scooped out my peanut butter? If I had proceeded with the making of that beautiful sandwich, the results would definitely not have been beautiful. I can only imagine the colon explosion that could have taken place. I turn into a little baby with just the slightest upset stomach. If I had to experience the sharp stomach pains and rectal eruption from some sorry peanut butter, I'm sure my life would have come to an end.

If you haven't done it yet, check your peanut butter NOW! I must be doing something right to have been spared that harrowing experience. As I'm on my knees tonight, God will hear a strong "thank you" from me.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Baron said...

We also had the tainted PB in our house...see my last blog entry for what can happen to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home