Monday, April 10, 2006

Who Wants to Get Married?

No...I haven't reached the point of desperation where I post an open invitation for anyone who might be interested in wedded bliss. In fact, this isn't a wedding proposal at all. I came to a realization not too long ago and, being the servant that I am, I thought I would share it in an effort to help others. Looking back at recent years, I have discovered that almost all of the ladies I have dated are either married now or engaged to be married. I can think of only two who are not engaged...at least to my knowledge. But don't be surprised if you see engagement announcements in the Montgomery paper for a certain tall CVS pharmacist and a north Alabama paper with a picture of a curly-haired bride-to-be. That would keep my streak alive.

It seems like everyone that I date ends up finding the "right man" after dating me. Therefore, if you are ready for marriage just let me know and I'll ask you out. I'm 99.9% sure that you will be engaged within the next couple of years. More than likely, you will not be engaged to me but I'm pretty sure someone will come along and pop the question. Now, we will have to go on a minimum of two dates for this to count. The maximum period of time to date is four months. Somewhere between two dates and a four month serious relationship with me can result in a ring being placed on your finger...by another man.

Go ahead. Give it a try. I'm here to serve.

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger auburnchica said...

I am completely amused by this blog. It made me laugh. Anyway, thought I would let you know I now have one of these things. Maybe that will be an easy way to keep in touch.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lerra said...

I can think of a few people who might be interested in your services. I'll mention it to them & see what they think. Oh, wait...one of them is Matthew so I guess that's not a good idea...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jamin said...

Yeah I can think of some too, but unfortunatly one of them is my intern.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

LOL...My boyfriend can make a similar offer to the single guys. He's had several roommates over the past few years, and all but one have gotten married shortly after living with him. In fact, one guy ended up eloping just a day after moving in with him! Maybe you two should team up and start some sort of matchmaking service...

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

hahaha! OMGAH-that was for you-you're hilarious! when you joinin up on da 'space??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home